Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering II
Wednesday, April 28, 9:00 AM to Noon.
Final review sessions will be held
Monday evening, April 26, in DH 1064
Tuesday evening, April 27, in DH 1075
|MWF, 11:00 - 11:50, DH 1064
|Thu., 2:30-5:30 p.m. or Fri., 2:00-5:00 p.m., AL A141
J. D. Wise|
Abercrombie A132, ext 4073
|Foundations of Electrical Engineering, Second Edition,
J. R. Cogdell,
Prentice Hall, 1996.
Formulation and solution of equations describing electric circuits and
Time and frequency domain response of circuits.
Basic electronic devices and circuits, including diodes, optoelectronics,
gates, and amplifiers.
Introduction to feedback and control.
This is the second course in a two course sequence, the first being
Basic systems and circuits
- Analog and digital representation of information
- Voltage and current sources
- Linear and nonlinear circuit elements
- Kirchoff's laws
- Formulation and solution of dynamic equations
- Impedance and Laplace transform techniques
Nonlinear and pulse circuits
- Operational amplifiers
- Transistors as amplifiers
- Diode circuits
- Transistors as switches and gates
- Timing circuits
- Electromechanical systems
- Steady state error and stability
J.D. Wise, email@example.com