Comp202: Principles of Object-Oriented Programming II
Fall 2005 -- Home
The presentation for the Card Game Design on Friday, 12/2/05, will be worth
10 exam extra credit points!
The 2005 version of the
Rice MBS jar file for milestone 2 is now available. Please check
the assignment page as well.
09/27/05: Exam #1 will be a 3 hour take-home posted
at 7 PM, Wed. Oct. 5, 2005.
09/25/05: New Due Date! Koch Curve
Milestone #2 due Wed. Sept 28, 2005
This week's lab is on Tuesday, 09/06/05 from 3:30 to 4:50 PM in Ryon 102.
- 8/24/05: Lab time has been set to Mondays from 3:30 PM - 4:50 PM.
Contact us at:
Please send all questions and comments to:
at rice.edu (replace the " at " with "@" -- this was
done to reduce spam)
Preface ALL subject lines with "COMP202: " ! (for
example, Subject: "COMP202: How do I write powerful programs with
very little code?")
- Java 5.0 (aka 1.5) Resources
- JavaDocs, JARs and Packages
- ALL students are required to be able to use the Owlnet PC (or Mac) computers
in Symonds I, II, Ryon and Mudd. If you don't have one already, set up your
PC/Mac password by going to the following Owlnet site: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/webpcpasswd.shtml.
You must have a PC/Mac password before you can use the computers in
- DrJava can be downloaded for free from http://www.drjava..org
- The Java 2 Standard Edition, Software Development Kit ("SDK") (required
by DrJava) can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/j2se/.
Download and install the version without NetBeans!
- Store your data in your Owlnet Unix account and access it from anywhere
on campus from both PC's and Unix workstations. To connect to your Unix account
from a PC by "mapping" it, see the following directions: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~comp100/03-fall/Tutorials/map_network_drive.html
- Connexions information, including the plugins needed for Mozilla, Netscape,
and Internet Explorer (note that IE cannot display the roadmap): http://www.cnx.rice.edu
Previous semesters of Comp202:
Thursday, 03-Jun-2010 09:52:13 CDT
©2005 Stephen Wong and Dung Nguyen