All material on this website is © Devika Subramanian, 2007-2017. Please request permission from firstname.lastname@example.org for use of the material, and please acknowledge this site in your material.
Week 1: August 21 - August 25
- Artificial Intelligence is stuck. Here's how to move it forward, Gary Marcus, New York Times, July 29 2017.
- The hype and hope of Artificial Intelligence , Om Malik, The New Yorker, 2016.
- Algorithmic rapture, Philip Ball, Nature 488:458, August 2012.
- Artificial Intelligence loves natural naivete, I. Nourbaksh
- A very brief history of artificial intelligence, B. G. Buchanan
- A proposal for the Dartmouth Summer Research Project on Artificial Intelligence, 1956.
- The rise of artificial intelligence (a short film)
- What is intelligence? (PBS NOVA series)
- Can machines think like us? (PBS NOVA series)
- Getting computers to see (PBS NOVA series)
- Hive Mind
- Smartest machine on earth
- IBM Watson
- Navigating the robot economy
Week 2: August 28 - September 1
- Science in the age of selfies, Geman and Geman, PNAS 113:34, 9384-9387, 2016.
- Breadth-first search and the pig thief, Jeremy Kubica
- Search algorithm visualization
- Amit’s game programming information, Amit Patel
- Brainy, yes, but far from handy
- Google's driverless cars run into problems: human drivers
- Intelligence without representation
Week 3: September 4 - September 8
- Sharkbot: the steely, headless king of Texas hold ‘em
- Co-evolution in the successful learning of backgammon strategy
- Chinook: the world champion in checkers
Week 4: September 11 - September 15
Week 5: September 18 - September 22
- Barbie wants to get to know your child.
- AI system solves SAT geometry problems.
- Richard Bellman on the birth of dynamic programming, by Stuart Dreyfus.
- Play selection in American football: an application of MDPs.