Our group has met three times already. We have decided our project goals. Hilary and Alexa were the primary motivators behind the snowprint matching filter. We have decided that the three animals we will detect are a human, a bobcat, and a deer. The human will be wearing shoes, due to the incliment weather. We have already divided up the majority of the work among the members. Alexa and Hilary are preparing the web page to present the project. Alexa used some of her biology resources and obtained pictures of different animal footprints.
Harris has written the initial project summary and the first progress report. Alexa and Hilary have created some of the text for the webpage. Zachary is researching the signal processing capabilities of Matlab. He has already been able to take *.jpg images from webpages and turn them into a matrix representation. Currently, Zachary is trying to figure out how to create rotated matrix representations in eight desired directions.